New York News
Staten Island power restored after car accident causes outage
Saturday, May 11, 2013
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Power has been restored to a section of Staten Island after a car accident led to an outage early Saturday morning.About 700 residents were left in the dark after a car ran into a utility pole. The accident happened at about 4 a.m. at Forest Avenue between Arnprior Street and Willowbrook Road in the Port Richmond section. Police say the car jumped a sidewalk and struck a pole, causing an electrical transformer fire. The pole came down, bringing another utility pole with it. The fire was placed under control within an hour, but power had to be shut down in the immediate area to allow firefighters and rescue workers to respond. There are no reports of any injuries.
(Copyright ©2014 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
new york city, staten island, accident, new york news
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 18 min ago
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 1 min ago
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 37 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
18 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos