New York News
Queens dad let kids play in park with BB guns, cops say
Saturday, May 11, 2013
NEW YORK -- A New York City father is facing criminal charges after he let his two young children romp through a park with BB guns.Zbigniew Pawlowski, of Queens, was arraigned late Thursday on charges including reckless endangerment, endangering the welfare of a child and violating city weapons laws. Prosecutors say Pawlowski brought his 5-year-old daughter and 3-year-old son to a Queens park on Tuesday and let them fire pellets at a tree. Prosecutors say he then let his eldest child roam the park with one of the guns. Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said the situation could have led to serious injury. Pawlowski told the Daily News prior to his arrest (http://nydn.us/19bGwKE ) that he didn't mean to scare anyone, and that alarmed parents in the park were being "a little paranoid."
(Copyright ©2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
new york city, queens, arrest, new york news
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions 36 min ago
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 56 min ago
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn 39 min ago
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral to be held Wednesday 17 min ago
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- Photos: Scared Santa
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in...
39 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos