New York News
Man posing as utility worker wanted in 18 New York City robberies
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for a man who has posed as a utility worker in at least 18 thefts across New York City.
Authorities released a surveillance photo of the man, who they say distracts homeowners before two or three other accomplices sneak into the home and take what they want.
The crime spree, which began on February 18, 2012, has included homes in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island.
All the incidents have occurred in the late morning or early afternoon.
The most recent incident happened around 3 p.m. on Monday, April 29.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, bronx, brooklyn, queens, staten island, robbery, new york news
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise 32 min ago
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx...
32 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos