New York News
Man posing as utility worker wanted in 18 New York City robberies
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for a man who has posed as a utility worker in at least 18 thefts across New York City.
Authorities released a surveillance photo of the man, who they say distracts homeowners before two or three other accomplices sneak into the home and take what they want.
The crime spree, which began on February 18, 2012, has included homes in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island.
All the incidents have occurred in the late morning or early afternoon.
The most recent incident happened around 3 p.m. on Monday, April 29.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, bronx, brooklyn, queens, staten island, robbery, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 35 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads 13 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- New Jersey black bear hunt set for Monday 7 min ago
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash 20 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
35 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos