New York News
Man posing as utility worker wanted in 18 New York City robberies
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for a man who has posed as a utility worker in at least 18 thefts across New York City.
Authorities released a surveillance photo of the man, who they say distracts homeowners before two or three other accomplices sneak into the home and take what they want.
The crime spree, which began on February 18, 2012, has included homes in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island.
All the incidents have occurred in the late morning or early afternoon.
The most recent incident happened around 3 p.m. on Monday, April 29.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, bronx, brooklyn, queens, staten island, robbery, new york news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 38 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 9 min ago
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
38 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos