New York News
Man stabbed during subway scuffle on Upper West Side
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 27-year-old man walked into an Upper West Side hospital after he was apparently stabbed on a southbound subway train Thursday morning.
The victim was stabbed in the left arm and left rib while riding the subway just before 9:45 a.m.
He reportedly had gotten into a "stare down" with another person on the train as they rode south from the Bronx.
A scuffle ensued, and the two were quickly broken up.
When the victim got off at the 59th Street-Columbus Street subway station, he realized he had been stabbed.
He walked to nearby Roosevelt Hospital and was being treated.
No arrests were immediately made and service was not disrupted.
new york city, bronx, upper west side, subway, stabbing, new york news
- South Plainfield High School lockdown lifted 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 26 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 1 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 34 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3...
34 min ago