New York News
NYPD: New York City woman robbed under threat of evil spirits
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are looking for three suspects wanted in a bizarre theft in Lower Manhattan, and they're hoping a surveillance photo will lead to an arrest.
Three women are accused of stealing money from a 72-year-old woman around 9 a.m. on May 9.
Police say they told the victim that evil spirits would hurt her family unless she offered money to those spirits.
The victim returned to her home and placed money in a bag. She was instructed not to open the bag for several days to chase away the evil spirits. But when she opened the bag a couple of hours later, she found newspapers and a water bottle inside.
The suspects are described as being of Chinese descent. The woman pictured is approximately 5-feet tall and weighs about 100 pounds.
Anyone with information in regards to this missing is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, lower manhattan, robbery, theft, new york news
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris 28 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday 11 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens 9 min ago
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian...
9 min ago
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
11 min ago