New York News
NYPD: New York City woman robbed under threat of evil spirits
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are looking for three suspects wanted in a bizarre theft in Lower Manhattan, and they're hoping a surveillance photo will lead to an arrest.
Three women are accused of stealing money from a 72-year-old woman around 9 a.m. on May 9.
Police say they told the victim that evil spirits would hurt her family unless she offered money to those spirits.
The victim returned to her home and placed money in a bag. She was instructed not to open the bag for several days to chase away the evil spirits. But when she opened the bag a couple of hours later, she found newspapers and a water bottle inside.
The suspects are described as being of Chinese descent. The woman pictured is approximately 5-feet tall and weighs about 100 pounds.
Anyone with information in regards to this missing is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, lower manhattan, robbery, theft, new york news
- Yonkers fire injures family of four 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case 31 min ago
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Local 7 line service resumes after signal problems 17 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures