New York News
5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
SOUNDVIEW (WABC) -- A 16-year-old was pronounced dead at the hospital after an accident in the Bronx.
A vehicle struck three people at East 172nd Street and Grand Concourse in the Mount Eden section of the Bronx just after 3:30 p.m. Friday. One of the victims, a 16 year old was pronounced dead at the hospital.
A 51-year-old victim is listed in stable condition.
The driver had been taken to the custody at the scene - but has not been charged.
Law enforcement sources say he passed a breathalyzer test and It appears he suffered sometime of medical condition. One person was taken to St. Barnabas in serious condition.
The driver had been taken to the custody at the scene, but has not been charged.
Law enforcement sources say he passed a breathalyzer test and It appears he suffered sometime of medical condition.
An earlier accident happened at 2:45 p.m. at Morris Avenue and Westchester Avenue in the Soundview section of the Bronx.
A car struck two boys, ages 9 and 11.
Both of the children suffered head injuries, officials said.
new york city, accident, bronx, soundview, mount eden, new york news
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 1 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 45 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
45 min ago