New York News
5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
SOUNDVIEW (WABC) -- A 16-year-old was pronounced dead at the hospital after an accident in the Bronx.
A vehicle struck three people at East 172nd Street and Grand Concourse in the Mount Eden section of the Bronx just after 3:30 p.m. Friday. One of the victims, a 16 year old was pronounced dead at the hospital.
A 51-year-old victim is listed in stable condition.
The driver had been taken to the custody at the scene - but has not been charged.
Law enforcement sources say he passed a breathalyzer test and It appears he suffered sometime of medical condition. One person was taken to St. Barnabas in serious condition.
The driver had been taken to the custody at the scene, but has not been charged.
Law enforcement sources say he passed a breathalyzer test and It appears he suffered sometime of medical condition.
An earlier accident happened at 2:45 p.m. at Morris Avenue and Westchester Avenue in the Soundview section of the Bronx.
A car struck two boys, ages 9 and 11.
Both of the children suffered head injuries, officials said.
new york city, accident, bronx, soundview, mount eden, new york news
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide