New York News
5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
SOUNDVIEW (WABC) -- A 16-year-old was pronounced dead at the hospital after an accident in the Bronx.
A vehicle struck three people at East 172nd Street and Grand Concourse in the Mount Eden section of the Bronx just after 3:30 p.m. Friday. One of the victims, a 16 year old was pronounced dead at the hospital.
A 51-year-old victim is listed in stable condition.
The driver had been taken to the custody at the scene - but has not been charged.
Law enforcement sources say he passed a breathalyzer test and It appears he suffered sometime of medical condition. One person was taken to St. Barnabas in serious condition.
The driver had been taken to the custody at the scene, but has not been charged.
Law enforcement sources say he passed a breathalyzer test and It appears he suffered sometime of medical condition.
An earlier accident happened at 2:45 p.m. at Morris Avenue and Westchester Avenue in the Soundview section of the Bronx.
A car struck two boys, ages 9 and 11.
Both of the children suffered head injuries, officials said.
new york city, accident, bronx, soundview, mount eden, new york news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos