New York News
Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
QUEENS (WABC) -- Detectives are searching for a person of interest in the shooting of a 14-year-old girl, hit by a stray bullet on a Queens bus Friday night.
The man was identified through investigative means that included internet social media.
He is not in custody, and detectives are actively searching for him.
The victim, Daja Robinson, was shot while sitting near the back of a Q6 bus on Sutphin Boulevard in Jamaica, Queens.
She is not believed to have been the target. The shooting is believed to have been the result of possible gang activity.
An NYPD camera in the vicinity, housed below large white boxes clearly marked with the NYPD insignia, did not capture the shooting.
There is a $2,000 reward being offered by 100 Blacks in Law Enforcement with any information leading to an arrest in this case.
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to contact the Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS
new york city, queens, shooting, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 44 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 57 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx 31 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Vietnam says cannot find object from...
57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
44 min ago