New York News
Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
QUEENS (WABC) -- Detectives are searching for a person of interest in the shooting of a 14-year-old girl, hit by a stray bullet on a Queens bus Friday night.
The man was identified through investigative means that included internet social media.
He is not in custody, and detectives are actively searching for him.
The victim, Daja Robinson, was shot while sitting near the back of a Q6 bus on Sutphin Boulevard in Jamaica, Queens.
She is not believed to have been the target. The shooting is believed to have been the result of possible gang activity.
An NYPD camera in the vicinity, housed below large white boxes clearly marked with the NYPD insignia, did not capture the shooting.
There is a $2,000 reward being offered by 100 Blacks in Law Enforcement with any information leading to an arrest in this case.
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to contact the Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS
new york city, queens, shooting, new york news
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents 14 min ago
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head 13 min ago
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
12 min ago