New York News
Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
QUEENS (WABC) -- Detectives are searching for a person of interest in the shooting of a 14-year-old girl, hit by a stray bullet on a Queens bus Friday night.
The man was identified through investigative means that included internet social media.
He is not in custody, and detectives are actively searching for him.
The victim, Daja Robinson, was shot while sitting near the back of a Q6 bus on Sutphin Boulevard in Jamaica, Queens.
She is not believed to have been the target. The shooting is believed to have been the result of possible gang activity.
An NYPD camera in the vicinity, housed below large white boxes clearly marked with the NYPD insignia, did not capture the shooting.
There is a $2,000 reward being offered by 100 Blacks in Law Enforcement with any information leading to an arrest in this case.
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to contact the Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS
new york city, queens, shooting, new york news
- Bronx fire leaves 2 dead, 3 firefighters hurt 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
45 min ago