New York News
Man fatally stabbed during dispute in Chelsea
CHELSEA (WABC) -- One man is dead and his killer is on the loose after a stabbing overnight in Lower Manhattan.
Police say the 28-year-old victim got into a fight with his killer at an adult video store around 2 a.m. Friday on Eighth Avenue, near West 26th Street, in Chelsea.
The altercation escalated, and the victim was stabbed in the stomach. He was rushed to Bellevue Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
The suspect fled the scene.
There were no immediate arrests, and the investigation was ongoing.
The victim, who was not immediately identified, reportedly had at least 25 prior arrests.
Anyone with information in regards to this missing person is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.
new york city, lower manhattan, chelsea, stabbing, new york news
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded 16 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 28 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Funeral held for NYPD traffic agent hit by truck
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
28 min ago