New York News
Man fatally stabbed during dispute in Chelsea
CHELSEA (WABC) -- One man is dead and his killer is on the loose after a stabbing overnight in Lower Manhattan.
Police say the 28-year-old victim got into a fight with his killer at an adult video store around 2 a.m. Friday on Eighth Avenue, near West 26th Street, in Chelsea.
The altercation escalated, and the victim was stabbed in the stomach. He was rushed to Bellevue Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
The suspect fled the scene.
There were no immediate arrests, and the investigation was ongoing.
The victim, who was not immediately identified, reportedly had at least 25 prior arrests.
Anyone with information in regards to this missing person is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.
new york city, lower manhattan, chelsea, stabbing, new york news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk 34 min ago
- Demolition to begin at Edison school gutted by fire 24 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Kansas City highway shootings
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure 48 min ago
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos