New York News
Man fatally stabbed during dispute in Chelsea
CHELSEA (WABC) -- One man is dead and his killer is on the loose after a stabbing overnight in Lower Manhattan.
Police say the 28-year-old victim got into a fight with his killer at an adult video store around 2 a.m. Friday on Eighth Avenue, near West 26th Street, in Chelsea.
The altercation escalated, and the victim was stabbed in the stomach. He was rushed to Bellevue Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
The suspect fled the scene.
There were no immediate arrests, and the investigation was ongoing.
The victim, who was not immediately identified, reportedly had at least 25 prior arrests.
Anyone with information in regards to this missing person is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.
new york city, lower manhattan, chelsea, stabbing, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos