New York News
Man fatally stabbed during dispute in Chelsea
CHELSEA (WABC) -- One man is dead and his killer is on the loose after a stabbing overnight in Lower Manhattan.
Police say the 28-year-old victim got into a fight with his killer at an adult video store around 2 a.m. Friday on Eighth Avenue, near West 26th Street, in Chelsea.
The altercation escalated, and the victim was stabbed in the stomach. He was rushed to Bellevue Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
The suspect fled the scene.
There were no immediate arrests, and the investigation was ongoing.
The victim, who was not immediately identified, reportedly had at least 25 prior arrests.
Anyone with information in regards to this missing person is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.
new york city, lower manhattan, chelsea, stabbing, new york news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 20 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 13 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 1 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
20 min ago