New York News
Former mayor Ed Koch remembered at St. Patrick's mass
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Former New York City Mayor Ed Koch's family and friends attended mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral Sunday - a favorite activity of the late Jewish mayor.
Koch's longtime law partner James Gill says Saturday Koch's sister, Pat Thaler, sat in the same spot Koch regularly occupied in a front row pew Sunday.
Koch died of congestive heart failure in February at age 88.
Timothy Cardinal Dolan remembered the former mayor during his regular mass.
Gill says Koch loved attending mass and "loved being in that front row." Koch was a close friend of the late Cardinal John O'Connor and St. Patrick's held a seat at Midnight Mass for the mayor.
Gill says the event was meant to be an informal farewell, with no assigned seating.
new york city, ed koch, cardinal timothy dolan, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow alert issued for New York City
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how! 26 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- Firefighters battle Washington Heights building fire
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Tiempo on WABC-TV