New York News
Note claims Brooklyn murder victim was casting spells
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The decomposing body of a woman was discovered in a Brooklyn home Monday night, along with a note claiming the victim had been casting spells on her husband.
The 57-year-old woman was found by police responding to a report of a foul odor coming from the home on Avenue N in Midwood just before 9:45 p.m.
Officers found the victim's body in in the basement in a severe state of decomposition. She is estimated to have been dead for at least a week.
Police say she had been stabbed multiple times in the back.
The officers discovered a note on her body, purportedly written by her husband, claiming that she was casting spells on him.
Detectives were looking for the husband, who has not been seen recently. As a result of the ongoing investigation, a person of interest has been taken into custody, but it not clear who that person was.
Identification of the victim is pending proper family notification.
new york city, midwood, brooklyn, murder, stabbing, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 54 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire 7 min ago
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area 58 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos