New York News
Note claims Brooklyn murder victim was casting spells
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The decomposing body of a woman was discovered in a Brooklyn home Monday night, along with a note claiming the victim had been casting spells on her husband.
The 57-year-old woman was found by police responding to a report of a foul odor coming from the home on Avenue N in Midwood just before 9:45 p.m.
Officers found the victim's body in in the basement in a severe state of decomposition. She is estimated to have been dead for at least a week.
Police say she had been stabbed multiple times in the back.
The officers discovered a note on her body, purportedly written by her husband, claiming that she was casting spells on him.
Detectives were looking for the husband, who has not been seen recently. As a result of the ongoing investigation, a person of interest has been taken into custody, but it not clear who that person was.
Identification of the victim is pending proper family notification.
new york city, midwood, brooklyn, murder, stabbing, new york news
- At least 3 dead, 69 hurt in East Harlem explosion
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two East Harlem explosion victims identified
- Survivors describe explosion in East Harlem
- Dozens homeless after East Harlem buildings destroyed
- Video: 2 men describe pulling child out of rubble
- Investigators focus on an old cast-iron gas pipeline
- Video: East Harlem Explosion on social media
- Video: Damage throughout neighborhood after East...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape