New York News
Suspect arrested after boy shot at intruders
NEW YORK -- New York City police say they've arrested one of the men involved in an attempted home invasion where a 10-year-old boy fired a gun dropped by one of the intruders.
Police say Jayquan Straker was arrested Thursday on a robbery charge. Police say the 24-year-old is one of the two men dressed as delivery men who barged into a Canarsie, Brooklyn house Monday.
Police say a woman slammed a second-floor door on one of the would-be robber's arms.
Police say he dropped his gun and the woman's 10-year-old son picked it up, firing a round that hit a wall.
One of the suspects fired back, but no one was hit and the suspects fled. Nothing was taken from the apartment.
Police are investigating. Attorney information for Straker was not immediately available.
new york city, canarsie, brooklyn, home invasion, new york news
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide