New York News
Suspects sought in Queens home delivery scam
HOWARD BEACH (WABC) -- Police are searching for two men who posed as FedEx workers to enter a home in Howard Beach, Queens.
The two approached a home on 90th Street at around 2 p.m. Monday.
Police say the two, both wearing FedEx vests, approached the home saying they had a package to deliver.
One was carrying a cardboard box that appeared to be a package.
After one of the men walked into the house, a 34-year old resident became suspicious.
Police say that when she began asking questions he couldn't answer and determined he was a fake, she slapped him in the face.
The man took without stealing anything, and the suspects got away in a white Infiniti with a third person inside.
So far there have been no arrests.
The woman was home with her mother, who is in her 70's, and her daughter. None of them were hurt.
new york city, howard beach, home invasion, new york news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub 58 min ago
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- NJ man dies in Long Island Sound canoe accident
- March Madness-style bracket rates high school girls 2 min ago
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown 32 min ago
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after...
32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
10 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos