New York News
Transformer fire breaks out in East Side office building
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Authorities are investigating the cause of a smoky transformer fire that damaged an office building on Manhattan's East Side overnight Tuesday.
The flames broke out at Third Avenue and 55th Street just before 2 a.m.
The fire caused smoke to spread throughout the building.
Elevated carbon monoxide levels forced 15 members of the cleaning staff to be evacuated.
Firefighters also checked out P.J. Clarke's restaurant, located on the first floor of the building.
new york city, midtown, manhattan, east side, fire, new york news
- 3 critical after fire tears through Brooklyn home 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique 50 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated 55 min ago
- MTA launches new apps for LIRR, Metro-North riders 44 min ago
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident