New York News
Police hunt for suspect in Tiffany's jewelry theft
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD is trying to track down a man who pulled off a jewelry heist in broad daylight at Tiffany's on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan.
Police have released surveillance video of the suspect, who got away with two necklaces around 3 p.m. on June 7.
Both were diamond necklaces, worth an estimated $100,000.
Police say the man began talking to a store employee, removed the necklaces from the counter and fled the scene.
No one was injured.
The suspect is described as a black male, last seen wearing a dark-colored suit and tie.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, theft, new york news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
11 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos