New York News
92-year-old Chelsea man robbed of bible, glasses in mugging
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for the Manhattan mugger who robbed an elderly man, and they're hoping surveillance video will lead to an arrest.
Investigators say the suspect followed the 92-year-old victim into his apartment on West 18th Street in Chelsea Monday night.
The robber pushed the man to the ground and stole a bag containing a bible and a pair of glasses.
The victim suffered an injured hip in the fall.
Police are offering a $22,000 reward for information leading to an arrest.
The suspect is only described as a man in his 30s.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, chelsea, robbery, mugging, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees