New York News
92-year-old Chelsea man robbed of bible, glasses in mugging
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for the Manhattan mugger who robbed an elderly man, and they're hoping surveillance video will lead to an arrest.
Investigators say the suspect followed the 92-year-old victim into his apartment on West 18th Street in Chelsea Monday night.
The robber pushed the man to the ground and stole a bag containing a bible and a pair of glasses.
The victim suffered an injured hip in the fall.
Police are offering a $22,000 reward for information leading to an arrest.
The suspect is only described as a man in his 30s.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, chelsea, robbery, mugging, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97