New York News
92-year-old Chelsea man robbed of bible, glasses in mugging
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for the Manhattan mugger who robbed an elderly man, and they're hoping surveillance video will lead to an arrest.
Investigators say the suspect followed the 92-year-old victim into his apartment on West 18th Street in Chelsea Monday night.
The robber pushed the man to the ground and stole a bag containing a bible and a pair of glasses.
The victim suffered an injured hip in the fall.
Police are offering a $22,000 reward for information leading to an arrest.
The suspect is only described as a man in his 30s.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, chelsea, robbery, mugging, new york news
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday 37 min ago
- Plane's nose gear collapses at Philadelphia airport 32 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Records: Man in movie theater shooting also was texting
- Man in 'Modern Family' star groping appears in court 37 min ago
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday 57 min ago