New York News
Skateboarder dies after crashing into bus in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man riding a skateboard was killed in Brooklyn early Thursday when police say he crashed into the back of an MTA bus.
The incident happened just before 1 a.m. at the intersection of East New York Avenue and Rockaway Parkway in Crown Heights.
Responding officers discovered the 25-year-old victim unconscious and unresponsive.
He was rushed to Kings County Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
The preliminary investigation determined that the victim was traveling southbound on Rockaway Parkway when he struck the rear of an MTA bus that was traveling east on East New York Avenue.
The identity of the male is pending proper family notification, and the investigation is ongoing.
new york city, brooklyn, crown heights, bus accident, new york news
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire