New York News
Skateboarder dies after crashing into bus in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man riding a skateboard was killed in Brooklyn early Thursday when police say he crashed into the back of an MTA bus.
The incident happened just before 1 a.m. at the intersection of East New York Avenue and Rockaway Parkway in Crown Heights.
Responding officers discovered the 25-year-old victim unconscious and unresponsive.
He was rushed to Kings County Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
The preliminary investigation determined that the victim was traveling southbound on Rockaway Parkway when he struck the rear of an MTA bus that was traveling east on East New York Avenue.
The identity of the male is pending proper family notification, and the investigation is ongoing.
new york city, brooklyn, crown heights, bus accident, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash