New York News
Hit-and-run accident in the Bronx kills man outside apartment
BRONX (WABC) -- A 49-year-old man was struck by a hit and run driver in the Fordham section of the Bronx.
Alfonzo Melendez was struck by the vehicle outside his apartment on East 184th Street, near the Grand Concourse, just before 11 p.m. Thursday night.
He was sent to Saint Barnabas Hospital in critical condition, but he was later pronounced dead Friday morning.
The vehicle that struck him did not stop. Police did not immediately have a description of the vehicle.
His family made a plea Friday night for the driver to come forward.
new york city, fordham, bronx, hit and run accident, accident, new york news
- Snow alert issued for New York City
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia