New York News
Hit-and-run accident in the Bronx kills man outside apartment
BRONX (WABC) -- A 49-year-old man was struck by a hit and run driver in the Fordham section of the Bronx.
Alfonzo Melendez was struck by the vehicle outside his apartment on East 184th Street, near the Grand Concourse, just before 11 p.m. Thursday night.
He was sent to Saint Barnabas Hospital in critical condition, but he was later pronounced dead Friday morning.
The vehicle that struck him did not stop. Police did not immediately have a description of the vehicle.
His family made a plea Friday night for the driver to come forward.
new york city, fordham, bronx, hit and run accident, accident, new york news
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 14 min ago
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD 6 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 40 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos