New York News
Future Marine fatally stabbed after fight in Queens
OZONE PARK (WABC) -- Eric Anderson has birthday balloons outside of his home, even though the mood is somber and heavy.
Today would have been Eric's son, Danthony McDonald's 20th birthday. McDonald dreamed of joining the Marines and serving his country, but now that dream will not happen.
"We have been robbed of a beautiful soul - he made his mother proud," Eric said.
On Friday night, McDonald was stabbed in the chest on Linden Boulevard in Ozone Park. Eyewitnesses say that McDonald was in a car with two friends when the suspect approached him.
A fight broke out between the two, and McDonald was stabbed.
No arrest has been made, but the police investigation is ongoing.
Eric Anderson tells Eyewitness News that his son's killer will be brought to justice.
new york city, ozone park, queens, stabbing, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97