New York News
Manhole cover explodes in Midtown
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A manhole cover exploded around 9 p.m. on Saturday in Midtown.
The incident happened on 319 East 50th Street.
There was a vehicle parked over the manhole at the time that sustained serious damage.
No one was in the vehicle, and no one walking by was injured.
FDNY initially responded to the scene, but as of Sunday evening, Con Edison is still working to investigate the cause.
new york city, midtown, explosion, new york news
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village