New York News
Manhole cover explodes in Midtown
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A manhole cover exploded around 9 p.m. on Saturday in Midtown.
The incident happened on 319 East 50th Street.
There was a vehicle parked over the manhole at the time that sustained serious damage.
No one was in the vehicle, and no one walking by was injured.
FDNY initially responded to the scene, but as of Sunday evening, Con Edison is still working to investigate the cause.
new york city, midtown, explosion, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 51 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
51 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos