New York News
Manhole cover explodes in Midtown
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A manhole cover exploded around 9 p.m. on Saturday in Midtown.
The incident happened on 319 East 50th Street.
There was a vehicle parked over the manhole at the time that sustained serious damage.
No one was in the vehicle, and no one walking by was injured.
FDNY initially responded to the scene, but as of Sunday evening, Con Edison is still working to investigate the cause.
new york city, midtown, explosion, new york news
- Snow alert issued for New York City
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia