New York News
Man visiting from Ireland killed in Bronx hit and run
BRONX (WABC) -- Police in the Bronx are searching for the person responsible for a deadly hit and run.
A 27-year-old man visiting from Ireland was killed when he was hit on East 223rd Street in the Wakefield section around 3:30 a.m. Sunday.
He has been identified as Kevin Bell.
Sources say the victim may have been intoxicated and laying in the street before he was hit.
No vehicle was at the location when police arrived.
EMS was on scene and pronounced the victim dead on arrival.
No arrests have been made, and the investigation is ongoing.
new york city, bronx, hit and run accident, accident, new york news
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Bill Bratton tapped to return as NYPD commisioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later 34 min ago
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre 39 min ago
- Metro-North derailment victim Jim Lovell to be laid to rest
- Freeze takes an icy grip on much of the nation
- Bob Dylan's Newport electric guitar for sale