New York News
Man visiting from Ireland killed in Bronx hit and run
BRONX (WABC) -- Police in the Bronx are searching for the person responsible for a deadly hit and run.
A 27-year-old man visiting from Ireland was killed when he was hit on East 223rd Street in the Wakefield section around 3:30 a.m. Sunday.
He has been identified as Kevin Bell.
Sources say the victim may have been intoxicated and laying in the street before he was hit.
No vehicle was at the location when police arrived.
EMS was on scene and pronounced the victim dead on arrival.
No arrests have been made, and the investigation is ongoing.
new york city, bronx, hit and run accident, accident, new york news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide