New York News
Bronx robbery victim tossed from third-floor window
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Bronx man is recovering in the hospital Tuesday after a frightening home invasion robbery.
He says a group of robbers threw him from a third-story apartment window on Hunt Avenue in the Van Nest section around 9 p.m.
The man's injuries were not considered life threatening, and he is listed in stable condition at Jacobi Hospital.
Police say the man was inside when five other burst inside, ransacked the place and stole two televisions. He says he was then thrown out the window and down to the street.
He told authorities he did not recognize any of his assailants and that it wasn't even his apartment, he was just watching it for a friend.
So far, no arrests have been made.
new york city, bronx, robbery, new york news
- South Plainfield High School on lockdown 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos 41 min ago
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 1 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 15 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years