New York News
Rikers Island guards charged with smuggling drugs
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A pair of New York City correction officers accused of selling drugs on the job.
Austin Romain and Khalif Phillips face federal charges after prosecutors say they sold marijuana to inmates inside Rikers Island.
They're also accused of smuggling marijuana, cigarettes and scalpels into the facility.
Each faces 10 years in prison if convicted.
The pair was arrested on Monday.
new york city, rikers island, new york news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos