New York News
Upper East Side convenience store robbed at gunpoint
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD is hoping surveillance video of a violent armed robbery at a convenience store on the Upper East Side will help capture the two attackers.
The surveillance video shows one of the robbers go behind the counter and slap the worker twice before he starts grabbing the cash, stuffing the wads of bills into his back pocket.
The terrified worker told Eyewitness News he took everything except the ones.
Asha Patel was working at the magazine store on Second Avenue by E. 90th St. Monday night when two men walked in. It was shortly after 11.
In the surveillance video, it shows one suspect stood by the front door holding the gun while the other emptied the cash registers.
There were three customers inside at the time, and all were told not to look at the robbers' faces.
But the cameras were looking and recording.
And police are hoping the images will be enough to help identify the brazen crooks.
Yorkville residents were horrified to learn that the popular little shop was robbed at gunpoint.
new york city, upper east side, robbery, new york news, lucy yang
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97