New York News
JFK terminal among endangered historic sites
NEW YORK -- Houston's Astrodome stadium, New York's old Pan Am Worldport Terminal at Kennedy Airport and Montana's one-room schoolhouses are joining a list of the nation's most endangered historic places.
On Wednesday, the National Trust for Historic Preservation is releasing its listing of America's 11 Most Endangered Historic Places. It includes sites from Maine to Alaska.
The Astrodome was the world's first domed, air-conditioned stadium and was once called the "eighth wonder of the world." Now it needs a plan for reuse to avoid demolition. At New York's JFK Airport, the flying-saucer-shaped Worldport Terminal helped usher in the jet age in 1960 but has been vacated by Delta Air Lines and faces demolition.
new york city, jfk international airport, new york news
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security 15 min ago
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos