New York News
JFK terminal among endangered historic sites
NEW YORK -- Houston's Astrodome stadium, New York's old Pan Am Worldport Terminal at Kennedy Airport and Montana's one-room schoolhouses are joining a list of the nation's most endangered historic places.
On Wednesday, the National Trust for Historic Preservation is releasing its listing of America's 11 Most Endangered Historic Places. It includes sites from Maine to Alaska.
The Astrodome was the world's first domed, air-conditioned stadium and was once called the "eighth wonder of the world." Now it needs a plan for reuse to avoid demolition. At New York's JFK Airport, the flying-saucer-shaped Worldport Terminal helped usher in the jet age in 1960 but has been vacated by Delta Air Lines and faces demolition.
new york city, jfk international airport, new york news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide 11 min ago