New York News
Woman thrown from motorcycle, hit by cab on Belt Parkway in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A motorcycle passenger died in Brooklyn after she was thrown from the bike onto the Belt Parkway and struck by a taxi that did not stop.
The woman, in her 30s, was thrown from the eastbound motorcycle when the driver careened into the divider near Pennsylvania Avenue just after 1 a.m.
She was thrown into the westbound lanes, where she was struck by a passing yellow cab. The taxi did not stop at the scene.
The woman was rushed to Brookdale University Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The driver of the motorcycle was not seriously hurt.
Investigators are looking into whether speed was a factor in the crash.
new york city, brooklyn, accident, hit and run accident, new york news
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 29 min ago
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies 51 min ago
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 4 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
4 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby...
12 min ago