New York News
Woman thrown from motorcycle, hit by cab on Belt Parkway in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A motorcycle passenger died in Brooklyn after she was thrown from the bike onto the Belt Parkway and struck by a taxi that did not stop.
The woman, in her 30s, was thrown from the eastbound motorcycle when the driver careened into the divider near Pennsylvania Avenue just after 1 a.m.
She was thrown into the westbound lanes, where she was struck by a passing yellow cab. The taxi did not stop at the scene.
The woman was rushed to Brookdale University Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The driver of the motorcycle was not seriously hurt.
Investigators are looking into whether speed was a factor in the crash.
new york city, brooklyn, accident, hit and run accident, new york news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 15 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Jersey City water main break repaired
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 22 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 40 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest 10 min ago
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks 2 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
15 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos