New York News
Brooklyn burglar with cast and cane caught on video
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are looking for a burglar with a cast and a cane, and they're hoping surveillance video will lead to an arrest.
The incident happened just before 10 a.m. on May 24 in the Fort Greene section of Brooklyn.
Authorities say the man entered a 24-year-old woman's basement apartment through an open window. While he was there, the woman came home and startled him.
He escaped through the same window and was caught on video fleeing the scene.
No injuries were reported.
The suspect is described as a black male with a cast on his right foot and a cane.
Anyone with information in regards to this burglary is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, fort greene, brooklyn, burglary, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 32 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident