New York News
Motorcycle accident leaves NYPD officer seriously injured on Staten Island
STATEN ISLAND (WABC) -- An off duty NYPD officer suffered serious injuries in a collision on Staten Island this morning.
The motorcycle and a car collided on Richmond Terrace, near Snug Harbor Road, just after 9:30 a.m.
Authorities said the 40-year-old officer was travelling eastbound on Richmond Terrace on his motorcycle and collided with a 2009 Nissan that was travelling westbound, making a left hand turn onto Snugg Harbor.
The officer was taken to the hospital with serious injuries. He was listed in critical condition.
The 40-year-old officer, who's name is not being released, was the partner of an NYPD officer who was killed in Brooklyn in Nov 2005.
The driver of the vehicle was also injured. No details about his condition were released.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
new york city, new york news
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents 1 min ago
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship
- AccuWeather: Snow for some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head 30 min ago
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Russian media warns of turning US into 'radioactive dust'
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon