New York News
Motorcycle accident leaves NYPD officer seriously injured on Staten Island
STATEN ISLAND (WABC) -- An off duty NYPD officer suffered serious injuries in a collision on Staten Island this morning.
The motorcycle and a car collided on Richmond Terrace, near Snug Harbor Road, just after 9:30 a.m.
Authorities said the 40-year-old officer was travelling eastbound on Richmond Terrace on his motorcycle and collided with a 2009 Nissan that was travelling westbound, making a left hand turn onto Snugg Harbor.
The officer was taken to the hospital with serious injuries. He was listed in critical condition.
The 40-year-old officer, who's name is not being released, was the partner of an NYPD officer who was killed in Brooklyn in Nov 2005.
The driver of the vehicle was also injured. No details about his condition were released.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
new york city, new york news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen