New York News
Motorcycle accident leaves NYPD officer seriously injured on Staten Island
STATEN ISLAND (WABC) -- An off duty NYPD officer suffered serious injuries in a collision on Staten Island this morning.
The motorcycle and a car collided on Richmond Terrace, near Snug Harbor Road, just after 9:30 a.m.
Authorities said the 40-year-old officer was travelling eastbound on Richmond Terrace on his motorcycle and collided with a 2009 Nissan that was travelling westbound, making a left hand turn onto Snugg Harbor.
The officer was taken to the hospital with serious injuries. He was listed in critical condition.
The 40-year-old officer, who's name is not being released, was the partner of an NYPD officer who was killed in Brooklyn in Nov 2005.
The driver of the vehicle was also injured. No details about his condition were released.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
new york city, new york news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos