New York News
Suspect escapes police custody in Harlem
HARLEM (WABC) -- NYPD has recaptured a suspect who escaped while being placed under arrest in Harlem over the weekend.
The suspect is identified as 52-year-old Lawrence Mason, of Queens.
Investigators said Mason escaped using the subway at West 116 Street and Lenox Avenue (Southbound Nos. 2 and 3 lines) shortly after 1 p.m. on Saturday afternoon.
Police finally caught up with Mason on Tuesday and arrested him. Details regarding the arrest were not released.
Mason is facing numerous charges including reckless endangerment, escape, bail jumping and resisting arrest.
new york city, harlem, escaped prisoner, new york news
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 1 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly...
3 min ago