New York News
Suspect escapes police custody in Harlem
HARLEM (WABC) -- NYPD has recaptured a suspect who escaped while being placed under arrest in Harlem over the weekend.
The suspect is identified as 52-year-old Lawrence Mason, of Queens.
Investigators said Mason escaped using the subway at West 116 Street and Lenox Avenue (Southbound Nos. 2 and 3 lines) shortly after 1 p.m. on Saturday afternoon.
Police finally caught up with Mason on Tuesday and arrested him. Details regarding the arrest were not released.
Mason is facing numerous charges including reckless endangerment, escape, bail jumping and resisting arrest.
new york city, harlem, escaped prisoner, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 2 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 15 min ago
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets 13 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
2 min ago