New York News
Suspect escapes police custody in Harlem
HARLEM (WABC) -- NYPD has recaptured a suspect who escaped while being placed under arrest in Harlem over the weekend.
The suspect is identified as 52-year-old Lawrence Mason, of Queens.
Investigators said Mason escaped using the subway at West 116 Street and Lenox Avenue (Southbound Nos. 2 and 3 lines) shortly after 1 p.m. on Saturday afternoon.
Police finally caught up with Mason on Tuesday and arrested him. Details regarding the arrest were not released.
Mason is facing numerous charges including reckless endangerment, escape, bail jumping and resisting arrest.
new york city, harlem, escaped prisoner, new york news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 10 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 1 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos