New York News
Suspect escapes police custody in Harlem
HARLEM (WABC) -- NYPD has recaptured a suspect who escaped while being placed under arrest in Harlem over the weekend.
The suspect is identified as 52-year-old Lawrence Mason, of Queens.
Investigators said Mason escaped using the subway at West 116 Street and Lenox Avenue (Southbound Nos. 2 and 3 lines) shortly after 1 p.m. on Saturday afternoon.
Police finally caught up with Mason on Tuesday and arrested him. Details regarding the arrest were not released.
Mason is facing numerous charges including reckless endangerment, escape, bail jumping and resisting arrest.
new york city, harlem, escaped prisoner, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 22 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident 54 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon 55 min ago
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
22 min ago