New York News
Hundreds of New York City restaurants not posting inspection grades
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Not every New York City restaurant is forthcoming about its health inspection grade, according to a published report.
The Department of Health says more than 1,300 city restaurants have been fined for not posting their inspection grades.
The New York Daily News reports that 55 percent of those restaurants received a C grade, which is the worst possible.
One restaurant owner with a C grade told the newspaper he'd rather pay the $1,000 fine, because posting the C would have ruined his business.
He now has an A.
new york city, new york news
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 23 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 43 min ago
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 43 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 20 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns' 48 min ago
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash...
43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
23 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
43 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos