New York News
Chinatown street renamed for Danny Chen
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A street in Chinatown is about to be renamed to honor a U.S soldier who committed suicide in Afghanistan after he was the victim of bullying.
The City Council Transportation Committee approving renaming Elizabeth Street between Canal and Bayard to Danny Chen Way.
The 19-year-old private killed himself in 2011, two months into his deployment to Afghanistan.
He was brutally hazed for being Chinese-American.
new york city, chinatown, daniel chen, new york news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs 42 min ago
- Woman charged with setting minivan fire, kids inside
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease 31 min ago
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013