New York News
Chinatown street renamed for Danny Chen
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A street in Chinatown is about to be renamed to honor a U.S soldier who committed suicide in Afghanistan after he was the victim of bullying.
The City Council Transportation Committee approving renaming Elizabeth Street between Canal and Bayard to Danny Chen Way.
The 19-year-old private killed himself in 2011, two months into his deployment to Afghanistan.
He was brutally hazed for being Chinese-American.
new york city, chinatown, daniel chen, new york news
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- AccuWeather Forecast: More Snow On The Way 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 16 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto 13 min ago
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Newtown groups open week of 'acts of kindness' 40 min ago
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area 53 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
16 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More Snow On The Way
10 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos