New York News
Chinatown street renamed for Danny Chen
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A street in Chinatown is about to be renamed to honor a U.S soldier who committed suicide in Afghanistan after he was the victim of bullying.
The City Council Transportation Committee approving renaming Elizabeth Street between Canal and Bayard to Danny Chen Way.
The 19-year-old private killed himself in 2011, two months into his deployment to Afghanistan.
He was brutally hazed for being Chinese-American.
new york city, chinatown, daniel chen, new york news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Man says he was unjustly pepper sprayed by police
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing Muslim girl
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos