New York News
Chinatown street renamed for Danny Chen
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A street in Chinatown is about to be renamed to honor a U.S soldier who committed suicide in Afghanistan after he was the victim of bullying.
The City Council Transportation Committee approving renaming Elizabeth Street between Canal and Bayard to Danny Chen Way.
The 19-year-old private killed himself in 2011, two months into his deployment to Afghanistan.
He was brutally hazed for being Chinese-American.
new york city, chinatown, daniel chen, new york news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy 48 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 58 min ago
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo 36 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
58 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos