New York News
7 shootings make for violent night across New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Seven people were shot, three fatally, in less than eight hours across New York City Tuesday night.
The victims included a man who was coming to the aid of his girlfriend in Crown Heights, Brooklyn.
The 31-year-old man was shot in the torso outside 1316 Saint Johns Place just after 11:30 p.m.
He had been called there by his girlfriend, who was in a dispute with another man who had grabbed her.
Police say when the victim arrived, he was shot by the other man, who then fled the scene.
The victim was pronounced dead at Interfaith Hospital. No arrest were immediately made.
In other homicides, a 24-year-old man was shot in the chest at about 4:20 p.m. in Crown Heights and later died. And 23-year-old Johnson Sanchez was shot in the head at 1010 Hoe Avenue in the Bronx died at Lincoln Hospital.
Two other men were also shot in Brooklyn, but their wounds were not deemed life-threatening.
Finally, another man was shot in Manhattan and still another in Queens. Both were expected to survive.
Police were investigating all the incidents.
new york city, bronx, brooklyn, manhattan, queens, new york news
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion 51 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath and Beyond 2 min ago
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store 11 min ago
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas 2 min ago