New York News
Sketch released in South Street Seaport sex assault of boy
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police released a sketch of the man wanted for sexually assaulting a 12-year-old boy at the South Street Seaport on Tuesday night.
Police say the 12-year-old boy was approached by a man in the second floor men's room at around 7:30 p.m.
The boy was allegedly lured into a stall by the suspect and then allegedly sexually assaulted.
He resumed shopping with his grandmother only told her about 90 minutes later, prompting a police investigation.
He was evaluated at Bellevue Hospital.
The suspect is described as male age 30-45, 5'7"-5'9", with a medium complexion, brown and gray hair with facial hair.
He was last seen wearing a white shirt and grey sweatpants.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, new york news
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 41 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl 39 min ago
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 49 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse 50 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Two women hold top 2 spots in Newark Police Department
- Former Gov. Jon Corzine's son dies
- Photos: $2.35 million 'Modern Family' home for sale