New York News
3-year-old left alone in Upper East Side park for 3 hours
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 3-year-old girl has been found alone in a park on Manhattan's Upper East Side.
The NYPD says the little girl was reunited with her parents, but she was left alone inside St. Catherine's Park on the Upper East Side for 3 hours.
Police say during that 3 hours she was not reported missing by her daycare or school.
While unattended a nanny noticed her and called 911. The little girl told police she was on a field trip with her class and got separated but only knew that her teacher name was "Miss Vicki" but did not know what school she was with.
The little girl who said her name was Chloe was given ice cream and bubbles to calm her down while officers called nearby schools.
After 3 p.m. a woman was escorted to the park by police and she left with the little girl.
"She said the camp left her, so we bought her ice cream and gave her water and called the police," said one Eyewitness.
The NYPD has not said what daycare or school she attends but said the field trip was with 10 kids.
new york city, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 8 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 25 min ago
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash 3 min ago
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon 2 min ago
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Charges expected in fraternity death
25 min ago
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
3 min ago
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
8 min ago
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
2 min ago