New York News
3-year-old left alone in Upper East Side park for 3 hours
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 3-year-old girl has been found alone in a park on Manhattan's Upper East Side.
The NYPD says the little girl was reunited with her parents, but she was left alone inside St. Catherine's Park on the Upper East Side for 3 hours.
Police say during that 3 hours she was not reported missing by her daycare or school.
While unattended a nanny noticed her and called 911. The little girl told police she was on a field trip with her class and got separated but only knew that her teacher name was "Miss Vicki" but did not know what school she was with.
The little girl who said her name was Chloe was given ice cream and bubbles to calm her down while officers called nearby schools.
After 3 p.m. a woman was escorted to the park by police and she left with the little girl.
"She said the camp left her, so we bought her ice cream and gave her water and called the police," said one Eyewitness.
The NYPD has not said what daycare or school she attends but said the field trip was with 10 kids.
new york city, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys 8 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire 33 min ago
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos