New York News
3-year-old left alone in Upper East Side park for 3 hours
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 3-year-old girl has been found alone in a park on Manhattan's Upper East Side.
The NYPD says the little girl was reunited with her parents, but she was left alone inside St. Catherine's Park on the Upper East Side for 3 hours.
Police say during that 3 hours she was not reported missing by her daycare or school.
While unattended a nanny noticed her and called 911. The little girl told police she was on a field trip with her class and got separated but only knew that her teacher name was "Miss Vicki" but did not know what school she was with.
The little girl who said her name was Chloe was given ice cream and bubbles to calm her down while officers called nearby schools.
After 3 p.m. a woman was escorted to the park by police and she left with the little girl.
"She said the camp left her, so we bought her ice cream and gave her water and called the police," said one Eyewitness.
The NYPD has not said what daycare or school she attends but said the field trip was with 10 kids.
new york city, new york news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014