New York News
Man shot in chest on Hell's Kitchen sidewalk
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating a shooting on the sidewalk in Midtown Manhattan Monday morning.
The male victim, a 56-year-old construction worker, was shot in the chest on West 49th Street and Ninth Avenue in Hell's Kitchen around 9 a.m.
The victim was taken to Roosevelt Hospital, and he is expected to survive.
The suspect, believed to be an ex-employee of the same construction compnay, fled the scene in a white vehicle.
He is described as a white male between 30 and 40 years old, bald and with tattoos covering his arms.
He is considered armed and dangerous, and anyone with information is asked to call police.
new york city, midtown, hells kitchen, shooting, new york news
- Snow alert issued for New York City 23 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela 52 min ago
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary