New York News
Man shot in chest on Hell's Kitchen sidewalk
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating a shooting on the sidewalk in Midtown Manhattan Monday morning.
The male victim, a 56-year-old construction worker, was shot in the chest on West 49th Street and Ninth Avenue in Hell's Kitchen around 9 a.m.
The victim was taken to Roosevelt Hospital, and he is expected to survive.
The suspect, believed to be an ex-employee of the same construction compnay, fled the scene in a white vehicle.
He is described as a white male between 30 and 40 years old, bald and with tattoos covering his arms.
He is considered armed and dangerous, and anyone with information is asked to call police.
new york city, midtown, hells kitchen, shooting, new york news
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos