New York News
Man shot in chest on Hell's Kitchen sidewalk
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating a shooting on the sidewalk in Midtown Manhattan Monday morning.
The male victim, a 56-year-old construction worker, was shot in the chest on West 49th Street and Ninth Avenue in Hell's Kitchen around 9 a.m.
The victim was taken to Roosevelt Hospital, and he is expected to survive.
The suspect, believed to be an ex-employee of the same construction compnay, fled the scene in a white vehicle.
He is described as a white male between 30 and 40 years old, bald and with tattoos covering his arms.
He is considered armed and dangerous, and anyone with information is asked to call police.
new york city, midtown, hells kitchen, shooting, new york news
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 15 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son