New York News
Man shot in chest on Hell's Kitchen sidewalk
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating a shooting on the sidewalk in Midtown Manhattan Monday morning.
The male victim, a 56-year-old construction worker, was shot in the chest on West 49th Street and Ninth Avenue in Hell's Kitchen around 9 a.m.
The victim was taken to Roosevelt Hospital, and he is expected to survive.
The suspect, believed to be an ex-employee of the same construction compnay, fled the scene in a white vehicle.
He is described as a white male between 30 and 40 years old, bald and with tattoos covering his arms.
He is considered armed and dangerous, and anyone with information is asked to call police.
new york city, midtown, hells kitchen, shooting, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt 35 min ago
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams